Thursday, December 1, 2011

10 Ways To Burn Fat Faster While You Walk

http://mlizcochico.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/walking.jpg

1. Get some poles!
Using Nordic poles torches an average 20 percent more calories by engaging the muscles in your upper body and torso. Plant the pole firmly at a 45-degree angle behind you, then push back forcefully against the ground to propel yourself forward.


2. Skip killer hills!!
I used to always think that the biggest uphills work best for burning fat faster, so I'd nearly die trudging up these things then collapse when and IF I reach the top! Well now, I can just avoid them! It's better to maintain your speed on a moderate hill than to slow down substantially on a steeper one. Makes so much sense, right?! I'm relieved to hear about this one lol

3. Use your arms!
My arms naturally swing back and forth as I walk, but I never thought to really use them to my advantage to help me boost fat burning. But vigorously pumping your bent arms helps you go faster, and as a result, burn more calories!

4. Take smaller steps!
The best way to boost your speed and your fat burn is to take shorter, faster steps. One way to help with this is by timing yourself walking 100 steps. Then recover for about a minute. Start timing yourself again for another 100 steps, and this time, see if you can shave 5 seconds off your time! Repeat 12 times.

5. Set goals you see!
I do this all the time when I'm walking in the park, and it really helps! Choose markers like a sign or bench. Once you have them in sight, speed up until you reach them! Then slow down again until you see your next marker :)

6. Wipe the pavement!
Roll through from heel to toe. When you get to the ball of your foot, push off as if wiping gum off your sole. This will get your calf, hamstring, and glute muscles involved, and the more muscle you use, the more calories you burn! My legs will start cramping pretty bad after I'm all done, but it's so worth it because my legs are starting to look nice and toned!

7. Go shoe shopping.
To get the most power from your push off, go for a shoe with minimum cushioning and maximum flexibility in the front of the shoe. I'm sure you guys have heard of Shape Ups by Sketchers or EasyTone by Reebok :) They work!

8. Stand straight!
When your body’s aligned, your back and butt muscles are able to work more powerfully, so you walk faster and torch more calories!

9. Raise your rate.
Wearing a heart rate monitor is like having your own coach keeping you at optimal fat torching pace. It’ll give you a push if you’re slowing down too much, but also get you to ease up if you’re pushing too hard. I also have a step counter. Each time I go walking, I see how many steps I've taken by the end of the day. Then I challenge myself to make MORE steps in LESS time than what I did prior. This really helps. I love a challenge.

10. Add strength.
Simple moves like push ups and lunges get more muscles involved for major burn. When you walk, stop every five minutes and do one minute of moves. This will help up your metabolism over the long-term, too. What’s better than burning more calories while you walk? Blasting them off while you sleep, of course.

source : http://www.luuux.com/sport-fitness/10-ways-burn-fat-faster-while-you-walk

0 comments:

Post a Comment